Thursday, February 26, 2009

Teddy Bear Tea Tablescape

Today's table scape is for the bears (as opposed to the bird's last week).
This is a close up of the centerpiece.
And here is an overall view of the centerpiece area.
I like adding a clock to my tablescapes as a reminder that time goes by too fast,
and to always take time for fun!
This is a close up of one of the tea place sets.
These plates are about 4" around, and I actually just borrowed the spoon from the sugar bowl to put next to the plates. This set comes with a 4 piece place setting, a tea pot, sugar bowl, creamer, and two spoons. (I guess the Teddy Bears share the spoons.) =0)
The 'place mat' is just a piece of torn gingham. Teddy Bears don't so much care about things being perfect, and new. They just want you to invite them over.
People are that way too.
This is a repeat of the view of the centrepiece area. (sorry, couldn't figure out how to delete it once it was there.)
This is a close up of the Bear Hugs Book.
It is filled with cute little sayings, poems, and Scripture.


Here is an overall look at the table.
I added the buttons for color, and the scrabble tiles for their name. I left a few floating around so they could play while they waited for their tea. You can see they have already made some little words.

Thank you for sharing my little Teddy Bear Tea Tablescape with me.

Blessings on your day,
Barbara Jean

8 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Cute. I love the little dishes. The centerpiece is so sweet.
If you want to delete a picture after you placed it in your post just click on it and hit the delete button. It should go away.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

That is the cutest little bear party. I love the way you incorporated the scrabble tiles. I'm a big scrabble addict.

B said...

This is so cute! What a great idea for a little girl and her "friends" to have a little tea party. I'm partial to tea parties, myself. Many of my tablescapes are of tea parties. I really like how you used the Scrabble tiles to make "namecards", and all the Teddies are so adorable.
Hope you have a nice weekend.
:=) Brenda

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Barb,
This table is precious! I love the gingham placemats and who doesn't love a Teddy Bear!!! :-)
When you visit my blog, if you scan down a short ways on today's post, you should see a box that is called Mr. Linky. To make sure folks can find your post, you add the link to your box in the box. Just put your name in the box that says "name" and then put the link to your post in the next box. If you aren't sure how to get the link to your Tablescape Thursday post, just click on the pink Tablescape Thursday logo button in my sidebar and it will tell you how to get the link to your TT post. I'll add it for this week but it's so late in the day, you may not get any visitors. You may want to link to this post next Thursday again so folks will find it. I try to get TT and Mr. Linky up on my blog by 10:00 PM on Wednesday night, so you can come to my blog as early as Wednesday night and post your link. That way it will be near the top of all participating and hopefully you'll get lots of visitors! :-) Thanks for a fun post!
Susan

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Running late this week visiting blogs....again...love the bear tablescape...so sweet...and clever to use the scrabble tiles as name tags!
Hope you had a great Tablescape Thursday
Susan

Linda Q said...

Well coming from a doll collector that also has a some bears, love it!!
To cute!
Linda Q

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Awwww...I loved your little teddy bear theme table! Too cute!

On The Wings Of Love said...

How totally creative Barb ! love the addition of the scrabble letter too.

You've got so many neat ideas up your sleeve Barb !

Hugs
Bre