Monday, July 6, 2009

Three or More Tuesday



Three or More Tuesday

visit Tam @

gypsy corner

for more great 3 or more Tuesday finds.

2nd Time Around Tuesday


Visit Diane at
A Picture Is Worth a Thousand words

for more 2nd time around treasures.

Thanks ladies for doing such a great job each week.


COPPER ANYONE?




For some reason my eye is captivated by copper.
So here are my latest finds.

OOH! Look fast at these.
Too blurry!

Do love the patina color on the bottoms
of those Salt and pepper shakers.




Here is a little can for oil in the kitchen.
We'll talk about the other piece in a minute.



How about these little cups.
Measuring cups?
Not sure.
Love the stoneware canister with the copper lid.
Have not seen one of those before.
Isn't it great?




And how about a whole copper canister set??

Not sure how many of these are old,
but a Grandma had them,
and they had a lot of 'stuff' on them.
(same as they would in my kitchen I'm sure!)





And we are back to this piece.
It has 3 holes in the top.
I found the base in the bottom of the sack.
Anyone know what it is for?
I know a candle goes in there to keep something warm,
but what??



Can you believe i got all those pieces for $5.00!!!!
And I have the perfect shelf at the store for them too.
Anyone into copper? I'll make ya' a good deal. =0))

Thanks for coming by.
Blessings on your day
and Happy Tuesday everything!!

Barbara Jean


19 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow that was a good deal for all those copper pieces! They are each interesting pieces.

Gee said...

Dear Barb

Thats quite a collection of copper pieces. Love them all. Thanks for sharing it with us. Happy 3 or more Tuesday.

Barbara said...

Barbara Jean, Love your copper pieces, I also like copper, you have some great things in your collection.

Happy Tuesday.

Dawn said...

Cute copper pieces, I don't see many of them anymore. I love the warm feeling they give.
Dawn

LADY JANE said...

All of it for $5.00?????
With a great buy like that I would think you could have some real butter warming in your little kettle pot for the lobster you might afford! And girl I'm going thrifting with you!

Lori E said...

It is probably a simmering pot for pot pourri. They may have simmered cinnamon sticks in water or commercially bought mixes. Just to make the house smell lovely.

Barb said...

Hi Barbara Jean, your copper finds are great. I used to have a ton of copper....I love it.

Barb

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Fantastic buy!! I used to have that same canister set....wonder what ever happened to it?

Sandra said...

Wow, what great pieces! I wonder what the last piece was used for?
Blessings,
Sandra

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Fun pieces! You got a great deal on those, Barbara Jean!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

Love the canister set!! Thanks for stopping by and especially for leaving a comment.

blushing rose said...

Love that little nest. Great deal on the copper ... pop over for a visit. TTFN ~ Marydon

Unknown said...

Such yummy copper pieces! And for such a great deal!

Linda's Blue Gate said...

Oh yes copper really turns my head...... lovely and what a deal..
HUgs
Linda

bj said...

I had quite a lot of copper items at one time but, like brass, I got sick of cleaning it and I don't do 'tarnish' very well.
You did get a nice price on them, tho.,

Lisa said...

Cool! You've got loads of copper!
Hugs,Lisa

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love copper too...I have a bunch of punched tins, tea kettles, cups, etc. I can't decide if I should leave them with their patina or polish them up.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Penny

Sandi (Meme) said...

Don't you just LOVE copper? And it's even more fun when you find one that doesn't look so good and when you get it cleaned up, it's beautiful! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm thinking I need to have a give away soon, since I'm close to my 100th post!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

wow.. and all these are coppers! lucky you! lovely!